Friday, July 11, 2014

Ipsy June 2014 Review

Ipsy Glam Bag
June 2014
 Review


My June Ipsy Bag!
So this bag had a couple of hits and a couple of misses for me and a wonderful bag and bonus item! I am very happy with ipsy's customer service and how they handed the two items I had issues with. If your interested in signing up here is my referral link: 


Bag Created by Rebecca Minkoff


Marc Anthony 
Dream Waves Beach Spray

This is the first beach spray I actually like. It smells divine with a coconut scent and really reminds me of being at a tropical beach. These kind of products I don't usually buy, but if I did this is what I would gravitate towards.  


NYX
Butter Gloss in Éclair

I love this gloss it goes on smooth and like its namesake it is like butter!
The color is great and goes well on top of my summer lip colors. It is not sticky at all.
I recommend this, it's a winner. If I see this on sale I will definitely get a few more colors.



Jessie's Girl
Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
 * I am being sent a Replacement product.


When I first opened this, it basically exploded. I opened the top it got all over the lid and my hands. It took a bit to get it cleaned up and I basically had to throw it out.
On a positive note this will not be the liquid liner that dries out on you in a few days!
The photos are from the replacement I was sent. It opened just fine.

Let me just say, liquid liner is not for me. 
After getting the replacement, I applied it to my lid it was so liquidly it ran into my eye. 
I looked like a raccoon. I'm sure with practice I would be much better at applying this type of eyeliner. However, I don't go anywhere where I need the cat eye look. 
 I think I will just stick to my pencil liners for now. 


Be A Bombshell 
Lash Out Mascara 
 * I am being sent a Replacement product.

This mascara isn't for me. It smelled awful. I then read on their facebook page they were sending this batch 0310, that was sent to Ipsy, to be tested. The results it doesn't contain any harmful bacteria. (No word on harmful chemicals) Anyway, the company said this did mascara not contain any fragrances. Well, it really needed it. I have never smelled a more chemically smelling mascara in my life. I will not be putting this near my eyes. It may just be a bad batch, but I won't be going near this. 


Olehenriksen
Truth to go wipes

These are great smelling makeup wipes for all skin types and they are anti-aging. They contain Vitamin C and micro algae to help brighten, firm and smooth skin texture. 
There are only 10 in this sample package but they work!


Ipsy really stepped up and replaced the two products and added a bonus item. 
They did not come in a new bag.


Elizabeth Mott
It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

It goes on well. It did not have a bad chemical smell. It had a nice brush to apply it with. 
I did feel it gave volume to my lashes as well!


Bonus item: 
Laura Mercier
Caviar Stick Eye Colour (Plum)

This eye shadow stick goes on smoothly, is long lasting and has rich pigment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment